Monday 20 January 2014

sad news

It was with great sadness that I heard the news this week that a very talented student of ours here at DesignMatters had died very suddenly. If you are a regular follower of ours you may remember seeing some of the wonderful work Gila produced for her City & Guilds portfolio. It's hard to believe she wrote to us as recently as the 23rd of December to wish us well for Christmas and to show us her latest quilt.


Gila was very excited that her daughter was expecting a baby in the spring and she was to become a grandmother like me. How very sad that she was to miss out on that enormously precious experience!

Gila's family and friends are planning to mount an exhibition of her work in the summer. I'll let you know details when I have them.

Linda

5 comments:

  1. What an awful shock for everyone. My condolences go to her family and friends and to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad for an artist with such talent as you show to have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Thank you for recognizing her in your gentle tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dreadful. Such a wonderful talent gone. I feel so sad for her family and especially her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her quilt is so beautiful. So sad...

    Janet in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete