Thursday 2 March 2017

Painting Daily - well we'll see how that goes!

I'm not making any promises but at the moment I am making a painting every day - the secret seems to be to work small! The longer days of approaching spring also help as I feel more energetic and able to be creative rather than slouch on the sofa in front of mind numbing TV. Mind you, I shouldn't be dismissive of TV - at the moment there are more art programmes on than I can ever remember. I'm loving the Portrait Artist of the Year on Sky Arts as well as The Great Pottery Throwdown and The Big Painting Challenge on the BBC. Mind you, they all generate a certain amount of shouting at the screen when the judges make their opinions known!


This little fellow took me about half an hour with a coffee break to allow for drying time before I could add final details. He's mostly watercolour with tiny touches of opaque gouache.


I've been making the most of the pack of watercolour postcards I found under a heap of stuff in my workroom. The quality is great and because they are so small it's not a daunting thing to do when time is limited. I'm getting quite a varied collection now!

Talk to you soon - Linda x


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! I love bite sized creating myself. There's something so inspiring about starting AND finishing something beautiful in a little pocket of time. I have a box of watercolor cards (blanks)and envelopes that I love to dabble on myself. Painting everyday is equally inspiring. Good for you!!And thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenda - good luck with your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Interior and exterior painting

    ReplyDelete