Friday 2 June 2017

Seeking Inspiration in Nature


We went for a lovely walk in the cool of the local woods a couple of days ago.


With the dappled sun peeping through the trees it seemed like the perfect place to be on a hot day.


And being near running water is always a pleasure even if it is just a trickle of a stream bubbling along gently at this time of year.


What you can't get from these photographs is the smell - the flowers of the wild garlic were going over but the scent was all pervasive. Great if you like garlic!

Made me think I should attempt to capture the sensations of the woods in a sketch or two.


So here's the first. I'm working in a zig zag sketchbook that has heavy watercolour paper.


This will be a perfect format for my plan to record the plants and flowers of the summer season as the book will unfurl to reveal its images much like my walk through the woods did!

Bye for now - Linda

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the zigzag book unfurling, Linda - can't wait to see more as the summer progresses!
    (love the new haircut too, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've been working some more today and I'll be showing more of the pages very soon.

    ReplyDelete